Make ahead, budget friendly, grab and go egg muffins to help set your week up for stress free mornings!
You can use the veggies in the recipe below or grab whatever you have in your fridge or freezer, chop it up and throw it in. This is great for using up veggies that are getting a little soft, leftover fish or chicken from dinners, or cook up a couple pieces of bacon and toss it in for a #tastytreat! Using up what you have in your fridge makes these budget friendly by not spending more money at the grocery store, but also not throwing away potentially unused food. Enjoy these delicious and so easy egg muffins!!!!
Get ready for stress free and easy mornings!
Protein Packed Egg Muffins
· 12 eggs
· 1 medium-large zucchini (shredded using box grater)
· 2 carrots (shredded using box grater)
· Small handful of parsley, chopped
· 1-2 cups of chopped kale or spinach
· 1 red, yellow or orange pepper, diced
· ¾ C shredded cheese
· Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. Mix all veggies together in a bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Evenly place veggie mix into each muffin cup and crack one egg into cup.
3. Sprinkle cheese evenly between each muffin and place into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or longer if eggs are still runny.
These can keep in the fridge, or you can freeze them and reheat when ready to eat.
*** NOTE *** You can use any veggies in this recipe or cook up a couple slices on bacon and sprinkle in each cup or add some leftover salmon from dinner. I often use what I have leftover from meals, or what is starting to go a little soft in the fridge.